The School arranges a comprehensive programme of Extra Curricular Activities and actively seeks parental support and co-operation in encouraging the involvement of the pupils in these activities.
All the activities are designed to broaden each pupil’s interest and enthusiasm for learning and are also seen as a powerful tool in developing character and leadership qualities.
After School Clubs:
1: After School Care Club: daily 3.30 – 6:00 p.m.
- This Club offers each pupil the opportunity to simply relax whilst, for example, reading, drawing, watching TV etc, or to partake in some of the activities arranged by the Club Leaders.
- The pupils attending are fully supervised .
- Pupils attending are also given light refreshments as part of the Club Fee.
2. The ‘Explorers and Adventures’ Club: each Wednesday 3.30 – 5.30 p.m.
- This Club offers pupils the opportunity to enjoy a programme of activities which changes every Term and which offers such experiences as, Drama, Ceramics, Art and Craft, Gymnastics, Athletics. Team Games, Photography etc.
- Club Members are taught by the School’s Teaching Staff.
- Club Members staying after 4:15pm are given light refreshments as part of the Club Fee.
3. Homework Club: each Thursday 3.30 – 5.30 p.m.
- This Club offers pupils the opportunity to complete their Homework/Projects in the comfort of the School whilst having at their disposal all the School’s resources i.e. Libraries, Computer Suite, Photocopiers etc.
- Club Members are led by an appointed member of Staff.
- Club Members are given light refreshments as part of the Club Fee.
4. Modern Languages Club:
Cymraeg/Welsh – Monday 3:30-4:45
French – Monday 3.30 – 4.45 p.m.
Club Members are given light refreshments as part of the Club Fee.
5. Summer School: Arranged for the first week of every Summer Vacation
- This offers each pupil attending an opportunity to enjoy such activities as, Team Games, Camping/Orienteering, Athletics, Golf, Art and Craft and much more
- Pupils are taught by the School’s Teaching Staff.
- Lunch and Tea is provided as part of the Summer School Fee.
The School also arranges such activities as:
1. Educational Visits – once a Term.
2. Urdd Activities (Welsh League of Youth), Eisteddfodau competitions, Concerts etc -
3. Annual School Trip – June or July of each Academic Year.
4. Functions arranged by the School’s Parents.